Celebrate Carterton - Sunday 4 March 2018
Carterton has a glittering array of clubs, societies, service groups, charities and much, much more. Think you know all about the various groups that are doing things in our community? On this day, you'll find out at Celebrate Carterton on Holloway St and the Events Centre. We want to celebrate our district with a fun day of activity, finding out interesting things and catching up with people old and new.
The street will be blocked off and there will be plenty to do and see both outside and inside:
- Dance, music and performance
- Hobbyists demonstrating what they do
- Story telling and readings
- Information tables and exhibits
- Longer presentations in the new Committee room
- Tea, coffee and a sit-down in the large Committee room
- Sports activities and demos in the Youth Centre
Clubs and organisations
Your chance to let your community know what it is that you do, when you do it, where you do it, how you do it and you might pick up some new members and supporters and volunteers.
The Event - 10am to 4pm Sunday 4th March 2018
There will be exhibition stalls for all the organisations that register and a scheduled and advertised programme of performances and presentations:
- Holloway St - Carterton Fire Brigade fire truck, food trucks with a range of food and drink, Surrey rides around the block, (plus more to be confirmed)
- Events Centre Forecourt - entertainment and demonstrations throughout the event - official opening 11am
- Auditorium - exhibitors' stalls
- Library - storytellers
- Committee room - tea/coffee, chat and a sit down
- Presentation room - 12 minute sessions for groups that need a quieter space to explain/show what they do
- Youth centre - sports clubs stalls and activities
There will be room for sports clubs to set up hoops etc to show off some skills.
Register your organisation
Registration fees are $20 for single space and $40 for double space.
If your organisation has minimal funds and/or the registration would cause you undue hardship, please contact us and we will consider waiving the fee for your organisation.
Partnership with Carterton District Council
Resilient Carterton is proud to be partnering with Carterton District Council in putting on this event, promoting the wide range of community activities that are available to us all.
We will again be showing off the versatile Events Centre and making use of the Holloway Street precinct by closing off the road.