The Carterton Community Pulse is a survey we're taking of Carterton residents to find out about what they do and how they experience and interact with the community.
- It takes a bit more than five minutes to complete.
- You can go in the draw for one of two $100 Gift Vouchers donated by Carterton New World
- Open to all ages - school and up...
- Closes 9 December midnight
- For people without internet or a computer we have paper copies at Almos Books (opposite the clocktower) or call Mike on 379 6733 (leave your address if no answer & how many you need) and we'll drop them round
Moving towards a resilient community
The purpose of Resilient Carterton is to undertake and facilitate projects and combine and network with other groups in the Carterton district and wider Wairarapa region to foster a strong sense of community and develop a sustainable and resilient district.
Community Led Development (CLD)
On the 12th April at about 6:30pm at the Carterton Events Centre, Resilient Carterton on behalf of the Carterton Community will sign a two-year agreement with the Department of Internal Affairs to partner with them under the Community Led Development Programme.
The Community Led Development Programme (CLDP) is a flexible programme in which the Government is supporting community-led development by providing support and advice but the work is led by the community. We have a two-year period (extendable to 5 years) in which we can launch projects and initiatives that benefit our community.
The key words are "community led". This means you. We will be engaging with the community to find out what it wants. Like our Facebook page, and sign up for our newsletter (it's in the left-hand column) to keep in touch with what's happening. Do you have a dream for our community? We'd like to hear from you.